2018 Branch Rally Sunday May 13th
(for Branch rally entry form 2018 see below)
Countdown to the Barnsley Branch rally
Another successful rally held at the new venue of Graves Park Animal Farm in 2017, a mainly fine day weather wise with over 70 cars in attendance. Thanks to all those who attended. Photographs of most of the cars on display at the 2017 rally & previous rallies can be found on the Potteries Branch website – many thanks to Cam Shaw.
After many favourable comments about the 2017 rally, it has been decided to use the same venue for 2018 – Sunday May 13th, 2018 from 10am is the date for your diaries. We are hoping to have a few more attractions this year, maybe a few more cars & some classic motor cycles. Keep watching this page, we will update it as things develop.
Rally entry fee is £5 per classic car & £4 per classic motor cycle. You can print off the Rally entry form below, return with fee (cheques made payable to Barnsley Branch MMOC please) & a stamped self addressed envelope to Graham Wickham.
Closing date for pre-booked cars is May 4th, 2018. A Rally memento will be given to pre-booked cars / bikes only.
Private auto jumble sales are permitted from the rear of your vehicle, at your own liability
Graves Park Animal Farm
provides a popular home to some of the rarest breeds of farm animals in the country. You can get up close and personal with Tamworth pigs; Highland cattle and Jacob sheep, plus goats, donkeys, waterfowl and many more. You can visit their website for more information here – Graves Park Animal Farm Website
Location :– Hemsworth Road, Sheffield, S8 8LL “Travel along Hemsworth Road towards the junction with Warminster Road. The entrance to Graves Park Animal Farm is on the left hand side just before the traffic lights”.
There are brown tourist road direction signs (look out for a bulls / cows head symbol) on the near approach roads.
For more detailed instructions & suggested routes please see
Alternatively click on the map below to be re-directed to google maps
Facilities & Features :- Pets Corner, Visitor information, Toilet and hand-washing facilities, Cafe and children’s play area – nearby, Farm yard and paths are fully accessible for wheelchairs, mobility scooters and pushchairs.
Car park charges apply for modern cars.
Each year we usually have a special display showing some other aspect of vehicle preservation
- 1998 Elsecar Heritage centre. Was our 1st event themed “Minor History”
- 1999 Elsecar Heritage centre. No special theme.
- 2000 Elsecar Heritage centre. Classic Wedding Cars display.
- 2001 Elsecar Heritage centre. Historic Local Transport (mainly buses) display.
- 2002 Elsecar Heritage centre. Caravans and Campers display.
- 2003 Elsecar Heritage centre. Ex Police Vehicles display.
- 2004 Elsecar Heritage centre.Classic Motor Bikes display.
- 2005 Elsecar Heritage centre. No display.
- 2006 Elsecar Heritage centre. Morris Motors.
- 2007 Elsecar Heritage centre. Minor Transport. (Display of vans and pick-ups).
- 2008 Cusworth Hall. LCV’s.
- 2009 Cannon Hall Farm. No theme.
- 2010 Elsecar Heritage centre. Classic Bicycles.
- 2011 Elsecar Heritage centre. Classic American Cars.
- 2012 Wortley Hall. Morris Cars through the decades.
- 2013 Elsecar Heritage Centre – a very well attended, excellent rally
- 2014 Elsecar Heritage Centre – a very well attended, excellent rally
- 2015 Elsecar Heritage Centre – record number attended (125 cars), excellent rally
- 2016 Elsecar Heritage Centre – a very well attended, excellent rally
- 2017 Graves Park Sheffield – Our first time here 70 cars, an excellent day